Monday, November 1, 2010

Vanilla Sugar

Vanilla sugar is something you should always have around. It makes the easiest topping for crepes or Swedish pancakes.

There's no excuse not to!  It's easy to make and keeps for a year.

Mix 2 - 4 cups regular white sugar with 1 - 2 vanilla beans.

Store in a jar.

That's it!

What I like to do is to go shopping for really pretty glass jars with lids.  As a gift to someone, I will put vanilla sugar in the jar, with instructions on how to use it, and how to replenish it.
 Here is what I put on my labels.  I then add a little stamp or pretty embellishment. Punch a hole in it and tie it around the jar with a red ribbon. It's always a welcome gift.

Vanilla Sugar

Use in coffee, tea, or hot chocolate,
For baking or as a 
finishing touch on cookies or cakes!

This sugar can be kept for a year
and topped off as it is used.

After a year, 
replace the vanilla pod.

No comments:

Post a Comment